Writing the Scientist Biography
- Audience – Who will be reading the biography of scientist you have written? Will it be your colleagues in you field, students, clients or somebody else. You should write a biography that targets the intended audience.
- Context – How and where will your scientist biography be used. It may be posted on a professional website, or used as an introduction to an article you have written. Fellowship proposals, lectures and press releases are just a few of the different contexts a bio may be used in and will influence information you include.
- Purpose – What is the purpose of your bio? To establish credentials in the field, to contribute to an institutional identity, to let potential collaborators know who they are working with?
The audience you are addressing, the context the bio is being used in and the purpose of the bio will all influence the type of information you include and how you write your biography.
What to Leave out of the Scientist Biography
You should not only concern yourself with what information needs to be included in your scientist biography, but also what you should leave out. The following are thing to avoid when writing the scientist bio:
- Lists of accomplishments and published materials. One or two highlights is enough. Avoid long lists.
- Irrelevant information. In most cases the biography will be relatively short. Anything not relevant to the purpose should be left out.
- Overstating your accomplishments. Keep it real and avoid exaggerating what you have done
- Humor and sarcasm should be avoided. Not everybody appreciates it.
- Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors
Writing your scientist biography can be a difficult task. If it is presenting difficulties for you our bio writing service is available to help.
Scientist Biography Writing from Our Professional Service
Writing the scientist biography may be something you have neither the time or the inclination for. Our bio writing service can shoulder the task for you. The biography writers we use are skilled professionals with proven bio writing experience and expertise. They can create a completely original bio just for you, customized to meet your specific requirements. Using our service for your bio includes the following:
- Professional editing and proofreading for every bio we write to ensure an error free biography of the highest quality
- Guarantees on every bio for quality and on time delivery
- Easy online order and payment process that takes only minutes
- Affordable rates that are easy on your budget