How to Write a Manager Biography
Writing any type of manager biography will use the same basic guidelines regardless of industry. So whether it is a project manager biography, an operations manager bio, or an account manager bio, the basics will be the same although specific information will obviously be different.
- Name and current position – Provide your name, current position held and a brief description of what your duties and responsibilities are.
- Professional history – Previous positions held and areas of responsibility, beginning with the most recent and working your way back. Leave out any position not relevant to the purpose of your bio. A sales manager bio wouldn’t include a job you had in construction unless you sell construction related products.
- Professional affiliations and awards – Any groups you are affiliated with and awards or special recognition you have received that are relevant and industry related.
- Education and professional credentials – Include any colleges/universities you have graduated from. Also any special industry related training you have received if relevant. Don’t include education prior to college.
- Contact information – Include your contact information
Tips for Writing a Manager Biography
The following bio writing tips will be useful for writing a project manager bio, an office manager bio or any other type of manager biography:
- Put extra effort into the introduction – The introduction needs to hook the reader. It should include your name, a brief summary of what you do and some reference to your skills and experience. It should be interesting and provide the information you most want to be seen.
- Know your bios purpose – The purpose for writing your bio identifies who your audience will be. To be effective, your biography must address the target audience and focus on creating the impression you want.
- Be brief – Biographies should be one page or less. It should establish your credentials and qualifications, and make the reader to want to learn more. If this can be done in one paragraph, then that is all you need.
- Revise, edit and proofread – First drafts are for getting down everything you want to include. Revise and polish it later. Once you have it how you want, proofread and edit for mistakes in spelling, grammar and punctuation.
If you are unsure of how to write your manager biography or lack the time, you may want to consider using the bio writing service we provide.
Advantages of Using Our Bio Writing Service
There are many advantages to be gained by using the bio writing service we provide. These include:
- Customized bios written to your specific requirements by professional writers who are trained and experienced in writing professional bios.
- Guarantees on all bios we write for quality and on time delivery
- Affordable rates that will suit your budget
- Customer support 24/7