Why You Need a Designer Bio
A designer biography lets the reader know about what you do and why you are qualified to do it. Basically it is a summary of your career in the field. Many employers request bios along with resumes from those applying for designer positions. Freelance designers should include a bio on their website to help attract new clients to their business. A designer biography is used to help establish your credentials in the field whether applying for work, writing about the industry or running your own business. It is a way for the reader to quickly establish if you possess the qualifications they require as well as giving them some personal insight into you to determine if you are a “fit” for their needs.
Your Designer Biography Is Important
Whether you run your own business or you are applying for a job, your biography is important. It is a way to catch the attention of employers or potential clients and show them why you are the best person to fulfill their needs. Therefore you will want to take the time and make the effort to write the best biography possible.
Tips on How to Write a Designer Bio
Many people aren’t comfortable when it comes to writing their own bio. Here are some tips for writing a bio designer freelancers and job applicants can use:
- Start your bio with who you are and what you do: The opening of your bio should include your name and what you do. State whether you are a graphic designer, do website design or whatever your specialty is.
- Only include relevant information: Your designer biography should only contain information that is relevant to the particular purpose you are writing it for.
- Portfolio links: Consider including links to your online portfolio in your bio. Examples of your work can say more about you than words will.
- Include relevant awards and special recognition: In virtually all design fields awards and special recognition you have received from others in the field carry quite a bit of weight and can influence potential clients and employers
- Avoid long lists: Listing a bunch of design projects you have done may bore the reader. Just focus on one or two of the best projects you have created
- Include contact information: Whether applying for a job or working as a freelancer, don’t make the reader have to work to find your contact information. Make sure to include it on your bio.
If you are unsure how to write a designer bio, our company provides a biography writing service to assist you.
Best Designer Biography Writing Services
We are well aware of how important a good designer biography can be to your career. The professional bios we provide are designed to enhance your career and achieve the results you desire. Some of the benefits of using our service include:
- Custom written bios tailored to meet your specific needs
- Professional bios in any field from designer bio to teacher bio
- Experienced professional writers with backgrounds related to the fields they create bios for
- Guarantees of complete customer satisfaction and on time delivery with every bio
- Courteous and helpful customer support 24/7